Resolution No. 1096 of 1985
Date of entry into force:13 November 1985
In accordance with the provisions of Para. (A) of Article 42 of the Constitution¡
The Revolutionary Command Council have decided in their session held on 14.9.1985 the following:
Firstly - The Arab citizen acquired the Iraqi national shall be enjoyed the following privileges:
1. He will be granted a dwelling plot of land free of charge in all governorates (except Baghdad Governorate) with an area of 200 square meters) after the elapse of three years of his naturalization (acquisition of citizenship).In case the area of the land is supernumerary to the said area¡ therefore the increase shall be owned to him according to the prevailing prices in the region.
2. He will be permitted to buy a dwelling plot of land or dwelling house in Baghdad after the elapse of five years his naturalization and according to the bases decided to the Iraqis.
3. An advance of the Estate Band shall be spent to him in the two cases referred thereof in (1) and (2) above.
4. Dwelling allowances shall be spent to him according to the enforced controls during the period of the ten years following to the date of his naturalization and shall be cut from him if he possessed a dwelling plot of land or dwelling house before the elapse of that period.
5. He has no right of disposal in the dwelling land or dwelling house before elaspe of 10 years to the date of granting or possessing it.
6. Making contract with the Arab citizens acquired the Iraqi Nationality by naturalization from among the farmers to exploit the agricultural lands and the agricultural loans and other facilities shall be granted to them.
7. The competent authority shall undertake to build the housing complexes for settling the Arab farmers acquired the Iraqi nationality by naturalization without compensation and they shall be owned to them after the elapse of 10 years from the date of occupying thereof.
8. He shall be permitted for sending foreign exchange to his relatives or to who is legally responsible of supporting them outside the country according to the determined rates during the period of seven years following the date of acquiring the naturalization and this rate shall be decreased to 50% after the elapse of the said period.
9. He will be permitted to buy a dwelling to the members of his family (including his Iraqi wife) to travel to his country once a year.
10. He is permitted to enter his private car according to enforced personal importation.
Secondly -The privileges stipulated in this resolution shall be valid on the Arab citizen acquired the Iraqi nationality by naturalization before the date of its promulgation.Thirdly -The competent ministers are charged with the execution of its provisions.